Friday, January 22, 2010

Where are the Evangelicals?

Psalms 94:16 Who will rise up for me against evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?
I just got back for the Hartford March for Life. As we were marching around the front of the Capitol Building and I heard the Rosary repeated along with several other Catholic prayers, I could not help but think "Where are the Evangelicals? Where are the Protestants? Am I the only one here who is not Catholic?"
I will admit that this event was put together by Catholic groups but it was open to all. This event happens every year on the anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision. It is not if nobody knew. I have not been to this event every year but I have been several times. I do not recall every seeing anyone who as far as I could tell was not Catholic, although it is very possible that there were and I was not aware of it. The question is why were there not large groups of non-Catholics? I do not know. Do not misunderstand I am thankful for the Catholics that are involved in the Pro-Life movement, but why are they the only ones that seem to care about this issue enough to go to something like this.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

No comments: